- 1 Why Eating Dates Can Improve Your General Well Being
- 1.0.1 1. By eating Dates fruits your skin condition will be greatly improved
- 1.0.2 2. Eating dates will help in Aiding Digestion
- 1.0.3 3. Dates fruits are rich in minerals, vitamins, and natural sugar
- 1.0.4 4. Dates are high in antioxidants, eating dates helps in fighting disease
- 1.0.5 5. Eating dates can also assist in weight loss
- 1.0.6 6. Dates are an excellent source of energy
- 1.0.7 8. Eating Dates helps pregnant women
- 1.0.8 Conclusion
Why Eating Dates Can Improve Your General Well Being
Eating dates fruits can be incredibly beneficial for your health. The human body is amazingly engineered to function smoothly. And to replace worn-out tissues and stay healthy.
It all depends on you, on your lifestyle, what you eat and how you eat it, if you eat carelessly then your body would fall sick. And if not properly taken care of you will eventually die.
By that time even the best modern pills provided by medical science cannot save you.
Fortunately for all of us, some of these fruits, and food that will naturally replace our worn-out tissue, and improve our general well-being are readily available and affordable.
We simply neglect them and focus on food that has no real nutritional value. Food such as fast foods, snacks that are attractively packaged and sold in our supermarkets or grocery stores.
Phoenix dactylifera is one of the most important and unique fruits commonly known as dates. It is very rich in various nutrients, fiber, and serves as antioxidants. Dates are grown in many tropical regions of the world.
Studies have revealed that by eating dates moderately you are preventing and treating various health conditions. Dates are known to have anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and anti-tumor characteristics.
The first time I ate these very nutritious fruits was in northern Nigeria, in Kano state to be precise. On a visit to a Muslim friend, during the Ramadan fasting period.
It is a period of fasting for Muslims and dates fruits are consumed more during this fasting period.
The following reasons are why you should eat dates more due to its rich nutritional and preventive characteristics of many illnesses and diseases:
1. By eating Dates fruits your skin condition will be greatly improved
Studies revealed that vitamins D and C found in dates improves the skin elasticity and keeps your skin smooth and glowing. If you also suffer from other skin complications.
By eating dates and including it in your diets will considerably help in reducing these complications. Dates also comes with anti-aging characteristics.
2. Eating dates will help in Aiding Digestion
Studies revealed that dates fruits contain both soluble and insoluble fibers which can stimulate and aid digestion of food. And ensure smooth passage through the gastrointestinal tract in the body.
It has also been established that it contains some important and beneficial amino acids which are very essential and needed by the body to grow and function properly.
3. Dates fruits are rich in minerals, vitamins, and natural sugar
Every part of the dates fruits is very important, and are rich in carbohydrates, protein, minerals, vitamins and fatty acids.
Some of these minerals and vitamins help in improving the well being of the body such as elemental fluorine that is useful in protecting the teeth against decay.
While element such as selenium found in dates also helps in preventing cancer and also helps in boosting the immune system, source.
4. Dates are high in antioxidants, eating dates helps in fighting disease
Dates provide antioxidants that help in combating and reducing the risks of several diseases affecting the human body. The following are very important antioxidants found in dates and are beneficial to the body namely Phenolic acid, Flavonoids, and Carotenoids:
- Phenolic acid: Due to its anti-inflammatory properties, phenolic acid may help lower the risk of cancer and heart disease.
- Flavonoids: Flavonoids are excellent known antioxidants, that may help in curtailing inflammation, and have been studied for their potential to reduce diabetes, Alzheimer’s disease and certain form of cancer
- Carotenoids: Studies have shown that carotenoids helps in improving the condition of the heart and helps in correcting eye-related disorders, such as macular degeneration, especially when you consume dates regularly.
5. Eating dates can also assist in weight loss
Dates contain little fat and are almost free from cholesterol, It is not a bad idea if you include it in your daily diets it will help you a great deal, especially if you are conscious of your weight and want to lose weight.
You might like to Read: Thirteen Natural Ways to Losing Weight
6. Dates are an excellent source of energy
Natural sugars such as glucose, fructose, and sucrose, are found in dates fruits. The high energy contained in them makes dates very useful in regaining strength.
Especially after a strenuous exercise or a day’s work, it helps in boosting your energy level.
Particularly when you are feeling week and tired, that is why most Muslims use it. In breaking their fast (Ramadan), before the consumption of other meal.
7. By eating dates you are reducing the incidence of anemia
Anemia is a condition triggered by the deficiency of iron often characterized by pale skin, shortness of breath, rapid heartbeat, low vitality, dizziness. And if left untreated it may lead to stroke or heart failure.
Fortunately, by eating dates an iron-rich foods could help in reducing or providing relief from anemia symptoms.
The high concentration of iron found in dates fruits not only balances out the lack of iron in anemic patients. but also increases strength and vitality in them.
8. Eating Dates helps pregnant women
Dates offer several health benefits to pregnant women. It improves uterus muscles in women, allowing it to enlarge smoothly. Also because dates fruits are rich in iron.
It helps in preventing anemia in would-be mothers, as well as the fetus. Dates fruits also improve the mother’s milk by providing adequate nutrition to breast milk. As a result, it prevents hemorrhage soon after delivery.
9. Provides substitutes for white sugar
Because dates are a natural source of sugar such as fructose. This makes the dates fruits naturally sweet and enjoyable. It can be grinded and turned into a paste and added to whatever you want to eat with it.
In my case I love eating dates with bitter kola, it will neutralize the bitter test of the bitter kola and allows you to chew it comfortable.
By eating and including date’s fruits in your diets frequently will go a long way in improving your general well-being. It will help you stay healthy and keep you away from the doctor for a long time. Dates are one fruit you cannot afford to ignore.
A lot of people are on their sickbed today just because of the bad choice they made regarding the type of food they eat either knowingly or unknowingly. Making the right choice of food will always keep you healthy.