The Importance and Benefit of Massage Therapy
Massage therapy is an integral part of medicine that can be employed in bringing healing, and relieve pain in a patient.
Since the beginning of civilization for centuries, massage therapy has been practiced in most cultures both Eastern and Western.
A special method of rubbing is called massage. It is really a combination of several different motions of the hand, including rubbing, squeezing, kneading circular movements, and light and heavy pressure using the fingers.
Imagine when you accidentally injure some part of your body, the first thing you do is to rub the injured area. The vigorous action increases the blood flow to the injured part and helps to relieve the pain.
Anything that increases the circulation to and from the injured area will aid in healing and help to reduce swelling.
When it comes to massage therapy, its usually done by a trained, certified medical professional (massage therapist) he apply his skills effectively in manipulating the soft tissues of your body by using varying degrees of pressure and movement to the following parts of the body and tissue:
- The skin and ligaments
- The connective tissue
Recommended for you:
Simple Massage Procedure You Can Apply
For you to have an effective massage procedure session, at the beginning apply some gentle heat or warmness to the area being treated.
This will provide better nutrition to the tissues. Almost anyone can learn to give some of the more simple types of massage therapy. Gentle pressure is all that is required in most cases.
For instance, if you are to massaging someone’s arm. Pick up the muscles between your fingers and gently press on them, at the same time drawing your fingers over the skin, first toward the heart and then in the opposite direction.
Even joints that are stiffened will often respond to the right kind of massage therapy. After applying heavier pressure, try some light stroking with the fingertips.
Recommended for you:
The Need and Importance of Massage Therapy
Generally, massage therapy is used to improve blood flow, general wellbeing, reduce muscular tension or flaccidity, remove stiffness out of the muscles, and enhance tissue healing.
Therapeutic massage may be recommended for both children and adults alike. The following are the benefit of massage therapy:
- Whenever a patient has stayed in bed for any length of time, his extremities and back should be massaged once or twice each day to keep the blood circulating freely.
- Massage therapy is valuable in keeping the muscles in good condition, particularly in cases of arthritis and injuries to the joints.
- Massage helps to relieve nervous tension and muscle spasm in the entire system.
- Helps in improving good sleep, reduce stress, and inducing relaxation
- Helps in reducing muscle tension and stiffness
- For improving blood circulation and movement of lymph
- Promoting deeper and easier breathing
- The general feeling of wellbeing
- For improving mental awareness and alertness
- Enhancing good and healthy skin
- Relieving pain and reducing swelling in the case of injuries
- Massage therapy is used to hasten the healing of soft tissue in cases of pulled muscles and sprained ligaments.
- Massage therapy is an established way of relaxing, relieving stress, and connecting with your inner mind.