- 1 How lack of physical activities is draining the life out of you gradually.
- 2 Living an active lifestyle
- 3 Physical activities
How lack of physical activities is draining the life out of you gradually.
Physical activities simply mean putting your God giving body into use, by exerting your strength and energy to achieve your desired goal.
By utilizing and coordinating your vital organs, mental capacity into productive use. Involving yourself in physical activities is a major way of interacting with your environment.
When you are involved in physical activities it does not mean a one hundred meters (100m) dash or relay or some sort of strenuous exercise.
It simply means avoiding a sedentary lifestyle, research has shown that being sedentary for long periods throughout the day is linked to a number of chronic diseases.
Even though you achieve 150 minutes of physical activity a day. This means breaking up long periods of sitting alone at home. Probably watching the television or sleeping.
Although sleeping is good for the body, such as having a short nap, will refresh your body system. But overindulgence in sleep is an indication of some underlining health and psychological issues.
Living an active lifestyle
When you look at the Fulani people, they are predominantly found in the northern part of Nigeria. They have this healthy, slim physically fit stature. Which is attributed to their physical active lifestyle.
Their men live a nomadic and pastoral lifestyle of herding cattle from morning till evening. While their women trek several kilometers of the road every day from the hinterland to the city center. To sell their produce, mainly milk and cheese.
This has helped them tremendously to maintain a good physical stature, a healthy body. And it’s a known fact that most Fulani people live long.
If you are involved in moderate-intensity aerobic physical activity, such as brisk walking. That’s equal to only half an hour a day of being active.
In such a way that you sweat and your heart rate increases with your breathing increasing too it will help your heart and health considerably.
Additionally, having a walk in the countryside. And cycling to and from places is good for the environment, which in turn also has a positive impact on your health.
List of some physical activities that can improve your health and general well-being
- Gardening, mending your garden.
- Involving yourself in farm work and activities.
- Get yourself involve in social community work.
- Trekking to the grocery store instead of using your car.
- Cycling especially during weekends.
- Keeping poultry at home and attending to them by feeding, cleaning their coop, etc.
- Jogging in the early hours of the day or in the evenings (depending on when it is convenient for you). Shouldn’t be strenuous, you can consult your personal physician before your start. Jogging with a friend or your spouse is highly recommended.
- Washing the dish, mopping the floor especially with your children/spouse at weekends.
- Go to the park, play some games have some fun with your children, family, and friends.
- Aerobics or join a choreography dancing group.
Quite a number of us are suffering and dying slowly today from illnesses that ordinarily are not supposed to way us down. If we engage in normal physical activities and household chores.
According to a study, it is confirmed that the aerobic and physical nature of household chores has a significant and mental benefit to our well-being. Most importantly it can improve the quality of life considerably.
Recommended for you:
Some of the common household chores that are capable of improving our physical and mental well-being:
There is normally a feeling of accomplishment that comes from just washing your dishes every morning, following a study conducted among 70 individuals. The study reveals that it lowered their nervousness level up to 25 percent.
Keeping Your Kitchen Tidy
People who are obese have tried several times to reduce the amount of feed they consume only to resume back to the normal habits of eating more than they need.
Recent studies have revealed that people who keep their kitchen de-clustered and tidy. Help to a larger extent in keeping their weight check by keeping all those chunk food out of sight.
The more often we see those junk food, the more we are tempted to starts eating them again.
People who grow their own food eat natural fresh food from their garden or farm produce. And often stay away from processed food or foods that are heavily laden with preservatives. In order to prolong their shelf life at the detriment of public health.
When you grow your food, you can guaranty the freshness and quality of what you are eating. You stand a better chance of living a healthy life.
From various cultures and tribes, this reveals the reason for longevity, especially among the Ikaria people. They grow their own food such as fruits, fresh leafy vegetables.
The day-to-day physical activities involved in the farming and gardening process bring a sense of fulfillment. And generally keeps your mind engage and active thereby improving your general well-being.
Physical activity can also help you connect with family and friends in a fun social setting such as working on the farm together improves togetherness and teamwork.
Tidying up your Compound
Studies have shown that house clearing and cleaning activities help in lowering the risks of first-time heart attack and stroke.
As compared to those who are inactive and are living a sedentary lifestyle.
It comes with fulfillment and joy each time your yard is tidy and kept clean. And looks exactly the way you envisioned it be.
There is always this sense of fulfillment that comes with accomplishing your daily task. It reduces nervousness and improves the general well-being of individuals that engage in such physical activities.
The Impact of Physical Activity on Your Health
Regular physical activity can produce long-term health benefits. It can help:
You can also read: 8 Proven ways to help you live long and healthy
- Makes you physically fit, and your muscles stronger
- Reduces fat and excess calories.
- Promote strong bone, muscle, and joint development.
- Improves the general well-being of your heart and lungs, keeping your heart active by pumping blood all around the body system.
- Build overall strength and endurance
- The harder you work, the more you become tired, the more your sleep becomes sweeter.
- Mostly depression is caused as a result of inactivity, lack of purpose, living a sedentary lifestyle. To curb this get yourself involve in physical activity by interacting with your environment, neighbors, family, and friends.
- Increase your energy and self-esteem.
- Relieving stress.
- When you live a sedentary and active lifestyle you are at risk of High blood pressure, High blood cholesterol, cancer, heart disease, diabetes, and stroke.
In general physical activities is capable of improving both your psychological and physical health.
Physical activity can help your body produce endorphins naturally, which helps the body to relieve stress and pain.
Also, regular physical activities produce hormones that make you feel happier and help you sleep better.
Getting involved in physical activities will help you considerably, in getting out of depression.